It is no secret that 2020 did not start as we imagined. Where ever we turn, we hear a piece of news about another positive case of Coronavirus confirmed.” Because of this pandemic and quarantine measures, many couples had to cancel or postpone their weddings. As per The Economic Times report, India sees the highest cancellation of wedding receptions. Almost 23% of couples are not going ahead with their wedding reception while 48% are planning one but with health and safety measures. The report stated a vast majority of to-be-weds (80%) said they would support social distancing, and invite-only immediate family and close friends. However, along with those challenges, it is essential to highlight and celebrate the good. So, how are you going to plan your wedding and throw the most memorable soiree of all times? Well, before you start planning about it, stay calm and read our wedding planning guide and assure the safety of everyone around you and have a joyous wedding celebration.
Things to Note When you are planning your Wedding Venue
- Make sure that you choose a wedding venue with plenty of sunlight and fresh air.
- Try to avoid dark and indoor venue.
- Avoid organizing a pool party or Holi party or any water-based party as pools can be significant carriers of germs and diseases.
- Ensure that your wedding venue is not too far, because long travel can be dicey at the moment.
Things to Note When you are planning to book Vendors
- When you choose a vendor, make sure that they follow all the safety measures and protocol given by the government to ensure the Safety.
- Ensure that they still feel comfortable delivering the requirements, in case of any changes occur.
- Don’t forget to ask about safety measures that are taken to maintain safety and hygiene from their end for the events.
- When you choose a vendor, make sure that you read all the contracts thoroughly, and check if they have a cancellation clause. If in case of an emergency, it allows you to attain full refund or at least some amount if such need arises.
Things to note when you prepare Guest List
- We know it’s going to be a challenging situation, but still, you have to keep your guest very selective according to the etiquette’s given by the government.
- Inform your guests in advance about the safety measures taken by you from your side, so that it will be easy for your guest to stay composed according to your arrangements.
- If you are planning to invite more number of guests, it’s essential to arrange all the precautions to avoid interaction between a large crowd.
Plan it Virtually
- While some couples are cancelling their weddings due to COVID-19, others are live-streaming their ceremonies virtually. To avoid the uninvited virus to become part of your wedding guest list, Technology is going to be your companion. Here we have mentioned a few easy steps to plan your virtual wedding perfectly.
- Choose Your virtual communication platform, e.g. Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Team, Zoho Meeting, Skype.
- Organize the necessary tech gear
- Inform Your guests before 1 hour of your wedding
- Get Married!
Things to Note When you plan your Wedding Shopping
- When you step out for wedding shopping, make sure that you wear a mask always. Even if you’re going to a reputed designer store, you need to keep that mask on.
- Carry a sanitizer with you at all times.
- Sanitize your hands wherever possible during your shopping spree.
- Try to carry your water bottle and avoid drinking water outside.
- Try to maintain social distance in shops, because you may quickly come in contact with many people.
Things to note when you plan your Food Menu
- Make sure that you choose a reputed caterer who follows and maintain their staff in food safety practices.
- Try to plan more simple meals for your guests.
- You can have non-vegetarian food on your menu. (Please stop believing everything you read on WhatsApp!) There is no exact source that proves that eating meat can transmit the virus.
- If you are planning to have non-vegetarian food in your menu, ensure that the dishes require meat to be thoroughly cooked.
Last but not least, stay updated with the healthcare announcements in your city and country.
To end, Eventozo shares a final piece of advice for all couples who plan their wedding in this pandemic situation. Pandemic is a chance to look at our life at a different angle and make some adjustments. We encourage you to plan your wedding with all the safety measures and celebrate your love story with your loved ones.